Download a PDF of my resume here: Amanda Tenedini Detailed Resume 2017
EXPERIENCED MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Content Strategy ◘ Account Services ◘ Vendor Management
Website Merchandising ◘ Event/Tradeshow Planning
Employee Mentoring ◘ PowerPoint Whiz
A marketing professional with 12+ years of experience in digital storytelling through digital, social media, and tradeshow campaigns for internationally recognized brands and small businesses a variety of industries. A dependable, resilient and agile teammate that leaves no email unread (except spam), responds promptly and enjoys streamlining business processes. Works well with others, makes baked goods for fun and is a walking contingency plan whose glass is always half full.
IBM – Content & Social Media Manager (Jan 2014 to Present)
Selected to lead the strategy and development of approximately $800k a year in demand generation assets including whitepapers, webcasts, podcasts, videos, blogs, Dummies® books, and analyst content with internal and 3rd party vendors. Played an integral role in improving the way we guided customers through the buyer journey using content syndication, paid media, CTAs and merchandising across IBM.com web properties. Mentored new teammates and served as the go-to resource for adding creative spark to internal and external content.
- Voluntarily managed my division’s presence at 3 large IBM conferences with over 20k attendees including booth infrastructure, signage, swag, sponsorships, staff schedules and helped design bold executive presentations and collateral to amplify major brand announcements.
- Coordinated memorable sales events for customers with multi-million dollar business opportunities including a luncheon in a Las Vegas lion habitat.
- Developed asset checklists, launch strategy documentation, project status sheets and reporting processes to optimize coordination with extended teammates.
- Audited and streamlined the social media presence for the brand and grew the @IBMServiceMgmt Twitter account by 117% in one year with engaging social media campaigns, advertising and impactful imagery that I often designed in Canva.
- Trained over 1,000 IBMers and business partners (live and virtually) on using social media and writing blogs to build their social eminence and amplify key IBM content.
Mastermind Marketing – Sr. Account Executive (Nov 2011-Jan 2014)
Served as the primary daily contact for several top billing clients and managed a team of graphic designers, web developers and junior associates in delivering social media campaigns, microsites, tradeshow experiences and compelling content.
- Managed $350k/year in client accounts with a team of 2-3 people and brought in $200k of additional billings in one year.
- Provided marketing strategy and execution for clients including Bayer CropScience, Citibank, TomTom, Grady Hospital, St.Joseph’s Hospital, Beazer Homes, BMW, Harman and AGCO.
- Two of my campaigns/projects for Bayer CropScience have won PR News Social Media Icon awards (#Thankful4Ag and thought leadership blog)
- Introduced content calendaring strategy to streamline input from divisions and partner agencies on the 500+ posts/month that helped grow the @Bayer4Crops Twitter following by 225% in 12 months. Also launched their Pinterest pagewith 600+ pins in less than 30 days.
- Led the development of several microsites, thought leadership hubs, investor relations websites and web content refreshes to help clients improve their digital presence and SEO ranking.
- Presented live social media training for corporations and provided on-demand support
Freelance Marketing Consultant (2009-2011)
Clients: Little River Grill, Props ‘N Hops: Optimized the weekly events, band calendars, social media, menu design and email communications for lakeside restaurants to improve patronage and digital engagement.
- Increased attendance of Little River’s annual Halloween party by 1000%
- Secured local and regional media coverage of seasonal events
Client: Westchester Association for Women in Communications: Coordinated networking events including email marketing, print advertising, online registrations and payment, venues, catering and social media amplification.
Readers Digest – Online Marketing Coordinator (2007-2009)
Selected to manage strategy, testing, deployment and measurement of email marketing communications and the eCommerce microsite for the Reader’s Digest books and music division.
- Strategized ways to woo 7MM email subscribers into purchasing Taste of Home cookbooks and Elvis CD box sets using A/B testing on subject lines, content, email design and statistically backed list segmentation
- Manually set up 1,000+ product pages in 2 months when RDStore.com transferred inventory to Amazon warehouses
- Revamped content calendars by integrating unique holidays to add a fresh angle to email themes and related product merchandising on the eCommerce website
theONswitch Marketing Agency – Account Manager (2006-2007)
Provided account management and project execution for a variety of small businesses in the NY area including healthcare, fitness, eco-friendly products, and pet services. Responsibilities included blogging, newsletter development, event planning and development of marketing collateral.
- Successfully pitched and procured articles in the New York Post and several local newspapers to support clients events and launches
- Filled a 60-unit luxury loft building in 10 weeks due to advertising on trains, in newspapers and on social media
- Doubled the attendance for a dog day care open house with humorous social media posts, pickups from neighborhood newspaper pitches and local signage on a $500 budget
Bachelor of Arts – Public Relations from the University of South Carolina – Columbia, SC (2001-2005)
- I have two rescue dogs named Pickles and Ralphie. Pickles is named after my great grandfather, Harry Pickles.
- My most creative ideas tend to occur while baking and listening to my extensive vintage record collection. I bake a lot for coworkers and neighbors.
- I own over 400 lipsticks and have a second Instagram (@RecreateThat) and Twitter (@RecreateThat1) account dedicated to helping people identify which lipstick celebrities were wearing.
- My love of writing comes from my grandma Gertrude, who used to write for Ranger Rick Magazine and took me to writing workshops in Maine.